Profiles for Performance
Using Profiles to Build Peak Performance
Today, organizational success depends, more than ever before, on people working together effectively. To achieve Peak Performance you must;
- communicate clearly,
- turn ideas into action quickly, and
- Deliver results consistently.
Do you ever wonder why. . .
- You seem to get along so well with some people immediately, while with others it’s like mixing oil and water?
- You see friction between individuals, even though they are working for the same goals?
- Some people concentrate on the details and can’t see the big picture; while others can only see the big picture and have no patience for details?
- Some people can’t keep up with the pace of change; while others seem to thrive on creating change?
A clear understanding of your personal strengths, a real appreciation of the difference of others, and how your strengths interact with those of others, provides the foundation of a successful performance management system. Our goal is to provide you with the skills you need to achieve your personal and business goals and to ensure organizational success.
All of us have heard of the Golden Rule, and many try to live by it. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. The basic assumption being that that others want to be treated the same way that we want to be treated. But that doesn’t always work! Then along came Dr. Tony Alessandra and his Platinum Rule – “Treat others the way they want to be treated”. This involves a shift in emphasis from “This is what I want, so I will give others the same thing”; to first trying to understand what others want, and then trying to give them what they want. The goal of the Platinum Rule is productive relationships. You do not have to change your personality, or be submissive. You just have to try to understand what drives other people, and how to adapt your behavior to be more productive with them.
Wouldn’t improved workplace relationships make a difference to performance?
“Changing the behavior of people is the most important challenge for businesses competing in the change oriented environment of the 21st century…” John Kotter, Harvard Business School
In today’s change oriented society and team base approach to the work environment, the answer is often the difference between excellence and mediocrity. The foundation of personal and organizational success lies in an understanding of self and realizing the impact of personal behaviour on those around you. For more than 40 years organizations worldwide have embraced the language of DiSC®, pioneered by Carlson Learning Company, which was then purchased by Inscape Publishing.
The DiSC® model, which is the basis of our performance profiles, provides a non-judgmental language for exploring behavioural issues in the workplace, and in your personal life. This model, first developed by Dr. William Marston, of Harvard University, helps you and your colleagues explore behavioural issues across four primary dimensions, the result of two perceptions – that of the environment and that of personal power.
Every day, organizations use DiSC® to establish a common language, paving the way for successful training and coaching applications. Detailed, personalized information helps people apply DiSC® learning to specific business situations, including sales, leadership development, customer service, and conflict resolution.
For nearly thirty years, Inscape’s DiSC® instruments have helped more than 40 million people gain the insight they need to be more successful, productive, and fulfilled at work. Widely recognized as a springboard for building a focused, aligned workforce, DiSC® has become a key component in the employee development strategies of leading organizations worldwide.
Developed and refined over decades of use, DiSC® instruments are based on a simple idea — that the foundation of personal and professional success lies in:
- knowing yourself,
- understanding others, and
- realizing the impact of your actions and attitudes on other people.
All Inscape Publishing’s learning instruments:
- Feature a positive orientation
- Include action plans to implement
- Are based on solid research and scaled to the current population
- Are easy to take with fast results
Our role is to help individuals maximize their potential, and assist organizations in achieving greater success.
Online Learning Instruments
In this website we introduce you to the “Stellar Six” Online Learning profiles which include the following:
- DiSC® Classic 2.0
- DiSC® Classic 2.0 Plus
- DiSC® PPSS General Characteristics Report
2. Discovering Diversity Profile®
3. Personal Listening Profile®
4. Team Dimensions Profile®
5. Time Mastery Profile®
6. Work Expectations Profile®
Note: Sample copies of all profiles can be obtained through our our “Resources” Page
Some other ways these profiles can help you in your personal or business life:
All of us have developed distinct ways of thinking, feeling, and acting. These, over time become our established behavioural pattern. The central core of our patterns tends to remain stable because it reflects our individual identities. However, the demands of the work environment often require different responses that evolve into a work behavioral style.
DiSC® lays the foundation for peak performance in a wide variety of applications. Some ways you can use it to help people in your life and/or organization include:
- Discover behavioural strengths
- Value the strengths of others
- Manage effectively
- Foster teamwork
- Improve communication skills
- Increase sales
- Improve customer relationships
- Reduce conflict and stress
- Develop strategies to meet diverse needs
Using DiSC® will help to develop the new critical competencies companies need to prevail in the global business environment – skills like collaboration, integration and innovation. These skills are the vital key to competing successfully in the world today.
The DiSC® profiles can align people’s skills and behaviour with organizational strategies. The process is as follows:
- Change begins with learning
- It develops through action, and
- Is reinforced through coaching and ongoing success
You get change on a deeper, more enduring level because it works from the inside out; and it means you get clearer, surer, more concrete results because your action is based on what has been proven to work in leading organizations.
And it means you have the ability to shape your workforce in alignment with your organization’s strategies, because DiSC® solutions give you a complete system for creating the results you want.
In summary, DiSC® has proven its value in:
- Communication: with increased understanding of yourself and others, staff members can concentrate on cooperation and clarity. The result – Communication with clarity and confidence leading to improved staff morale and increased customer satisfaction.
- Team Building: the DiSC® instruments will help in the identification of the strengths of each team member, and the best methods of interaction. The result – stronger teams with greater efficiency of operation and faster achievement of group objectives leading to the fulfillment of individual and group goals.
- Performance Management: DiSC® Programs will provide incentives for time management, and more effective communication and delegation. The result – efficient time management and effective delegation leading to skilled managers and top producing staff.
With over 40 years of proven reliability through millions of users worldwide, DiSC® Classic remains the most trusted learning instrument in the industry. Designed to complement existing training programs DiSC® Classic can help to improve communication, ease frustration and conflict, and develop effective managers and teams.
Tags: Disc classic, Disc profiles, Disc solutions