Archive for diversity profile
“My father was the son of immigrants, and he grew up bilingual, but English is what my father taught me and what he spoke to me. America’s strength is not our diversity; it is our ability to unite around common principles even when we come from different backgrounds.”
~ Ernest Istook
“One day I undertook a tour through the country, and the diversity and beauties of nature I met with in this charming season, expelled every gloomy and vexatious thought.”
With the world becoming more change-oriented and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Organizations know they must help employees understand, accept, and capitalize on differences. They know the cultural backgrounds and experiences of diverse employees and customers can enrich the organization, making it more innovative and globally competitive. Simply recognizing diversity helps link the variety of talents and strengths within the organization.
But communication can become a problem unless it is managed. People from different backgrounds perceive messages in different ways. Miscommunication can lead to a variety of challenges – unless care is observed.
But diversity is not only about preventing unwanted discrimination, it is also about valuing differences, and inclusion across such areas as ethnicity, age, culture, sexual orientation, disability, mental capacity, and religious beliefs.
The Discovering Diversity™ Profile helps individuals explore their own viewpoints on workforce diversity in four key areas:
- Knowledge: Employees examine what they know about differences and where that information comes from
- Understanding: Employees learn how willing they are to put themselves in a position to feel what others may be feeling
- Acceptance: Employees assess how patient and respectful they are of diverse behaviors and background.
- Behavior: Employees gain insight into how they act out their attitudes toward others.
Once employees identify their current attitudes about workforce diversity, the Discovering Diversity™ Profile helps them understand how their viewpoints and behaviors affect others.
The Discovering Diversity™ Profile will help individuals in your organization:
- Discover their personal comfort level with people who are different from themselves
- Understand the impact of their behavior on others
- Limit the influence of stereotypes
- Reduce conflict
- Transform knowledge into acceptance and empathy
- Embrace diversity as a source of organizational strength
Click here to obtain further information about this outstanding profile.Tags: Discovering Diversity™, diversity profile, Norquest Associates, people from different backgrounds, realize our potential, workforce diversity